Double Sided Enamel Lyons Tea Advertising Sign
This Vintage Lyons Tea advertising sign it is made of heavy enamel and is double sided with a fixing flange, the sign is in very good condition for its age with some chips around the edges, great patina with age, in good solid condition. C1930
Lyon’s Tea was named after Joseph Lyons, who with his brother in laws developed Lyons’ Corner Houses with the first tea house opening at Piccadilly in London in 1894. They took their hands too in building up “high class” restaurants – The Trocadero, The Strand, The Regent Palace and Cumberland Hotel between 1895 and 1933 all in London. From the 1930’s Lyon’s developed teas, biscuits and cakes which were sold all over the world.
This sign can be hung by its flange as it is intact. A great piece to either display in the home, shop/cafe or as part of a collection.
Dimensions: H: 19cm W: 28cm